Please be aware that any personally identifiable or other professional information that you voluntarily choose to have displayed publicly on the Link Learning Services – including your username, alias, or ID – becomes publicly available information and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- Subscriber-provided Information: You may provide to Link Learning what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information) if you subscribe to the Link Learning Services, or otherwise purchase or download certain products or information or use other features on the Link Learning Services. You may also provide to Link Learning certain professional information such as your title, office location, job category, organization’s name, and organization’s address. You may also provide certain personal information to Link Learning when you post a comment or rating, provide a lesson review, respond to a survey, use an educational tool, contact Link Learning partners for personal assistance, or participate in a poll.
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit the Link Learning Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Link Learning may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Link Learning Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit or use the Link Learning Services we may automatically record certain information from your web browser or system by using different types of technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Link Learning Services, the pages you view on the Link Learning Services, and the dates and times that you visit the Link Learning Services.
- We use your information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Link Learning Services.
- We reserve the right to use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes such as notifying you of major updates to the Link Learning Services, for customer service purposes, or to address copyright infringement issues.
- We use your information to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Link Learning Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your information to: (a) determine user-specific access privileges and remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Link Learning Services; (b) provide you with customized third-party content and information, including targeted advertising and promotional material; (c) create course recommendations; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your progress through online lessons, tools, polls, ratings, message boards, surveys and other educational features we may provide.
- We will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in. You may, however, receive such messages from a Subscribing Organization (see below).
- We may disclose your information to the person or organization (e.g. employer, union, financial services firm, financial educator) through which you are receiving the Services (the “Subscribing Organization”). Link Learning is not responsible for the information practices of Subscribing Organizations.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information with third-party organizations (other than Subscribing Organizations) for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- We may aggregate information provided by Users and disclose such data, only in the aggregate and in a manner that is not personally identifiable, to Users for purposes of comparing their personal situation to the broader community and to other third parties. Such information does not identify Users individually.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with all laws (such as Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without providing notice to Users.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Link Learning from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Link Learning Services; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Link Learning our Users, or others.
If you submit comments other content to the pages of the Link Learning Services containing “community” functionality (e.g. bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, comments to lessons), please understand that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit to these forums.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Link Learning, in which case Link Learning will not be able to provide to you all of the Link Learning Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by going to the account section of the Link Learning Services.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Link Learning uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Link Learning, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Link Learning makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We cannot guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Link Learning learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Link Learning may post a notice on the Link Learning Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you visiting us from the European Economic Area or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you provide to us will be transferred outside the European Economic Area or such other territory for use by Link Learning and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because Link Learning operates globally, we make information we gather available to our worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on the Link Learning Services you hereby expressly consent to such transfers.
In the event that all or part of Link Learning is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.